Am 24.07.2020 17:30, schrieb Theo de Raadt:
[...]
non-OpenBSD bootloaders will do a shitty job of booting OpenBSD.
I'm not going to bother explaining the situation in detail.  People
who try to go that way have already decided they don't care about the
consequences.

Ok. Thanks.

Are you talking about biosboot or 2nd stage boot?

But would it be in theory possible to program a
(1) specialized "bootloader" which is bootable by linux-cmd of grub
and
(2) this specialized "bootloader" continues with the BSD boot code? At the moment I'm thinking of 2nd stage boot. So going from grub 2nd stage via fake-linux-kernel to 2nd stage OpenBSD boot...

Part 1 should be doable.
But what is about part 2? Would it be possible or are there technical system restrictions making it impossible e.g. like CPU operating modes or restrictions to access the BIOS? And so any further thinking and investigation in this way is waste of time...