Let's send patches through Teams or Discord. I think this is the way to go.

On 26/08/2020 10:28, Frank Beuth wrote:
"Linux kernel development  which is driven by plain-text email discussion  needs better or alternative collaborative tooling "to bring in new contributors and maintain and sustain Linux in the future," says Sarah Novotny, Microsoft's representative on the Linux Foundation board.

Said tooling could be "a text-based, email-based patch system that can then also be represented in a way that developers who have grown up in the last five or ten years are more familiar with," she added.

Should it migrate toward something more like, say, issues and pull requests on the Microsoft-owned GitHub? “I’m not saying that there will be a move in any time that I can see  my crystal ball’s broken  but I do think there needs to be expansions in the way people can enter that workflow,” said Novotny.

“It is a fairly specific workflow that is a challenge for some newer developers to engage with. As an example, my partner submitted a patch to OpenBSD a few weeks ago, and he had to set up an entirely new mail client which didn’t mangle his email message to HTML-ise or do other things to it, so he could even make that one patch. That’s a barrier to entry that’s pretty high for somebody who may want to be a first-time contributor.”"

https://www.theregister.com/2020/08/25/linux_kernel_email/