On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:04 PM Jose Soares <josefdsrsoa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am facing this when issuing the dump command of a "large" file system
> (2.7TB).
> dump command has finished successfully for the other smaller file systems.
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 4:47 PM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> wrote:
> > On 2020-09-15, Jose Soares <josefdsrsoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   DUMP: Child 97414 returns LOB status 213
> > >
> > > Could you please explain the meaning of "LOB status 213"?
> >
> > LOB=low-order byte
> >
> > What 213 represents, I'm not sure...

I took a very quick look at the source and it appears that 213 is shown in
octal.  I believe that the 200 bit indicates that a core file was produced,
and 13 is probably a signal number (13 octal equals 11 decimal which would
be SIGSEGV).  I am not sure whether the size of the file system is itself
the cause, I have been using dump(8) to back up a large (currently 6.7TB)
volume to tape for years (several tapes, actually) and it works fine,
although that system is still on 6.1/amd64.  I looked in CVS and didn't see
any obvious diffs between 6.1 and 6.6 that jumped out at me as potential
causes, so perhaps the issue has been latent for a long time and I haven't
seen it because it's triggered by the particulars of one or more files
rather than the overall file system size.  Maybe if an individual file gets
too big, or is too 'sparse' or something?

-ken