On Thu, Sep 17, 2020, at 1:39 PM, Brandon Woodford wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying  to fix an issue with my Intel I350-T4 PCI Network card not
> being reported to the OpenBSD 6.7 system during boot. Looking through dmesg,
> I was not able to find any reference to the card or the em interface name
> that it should have. I've also tried updating all firmware with fw_update.
> After that I tried creating a /etc/hostname.em1 file that just has dhcp
> included in it and ran sh /etc/netstart. Unfortunately, no luck as of yet. I
> was able to find the boot_config(8) man page that describes a similar issue
> with the ne(4) driver. I went into the boot configuration and ran: find em
> and received a response of: em* at pci* dev -1 function -1 flags 0x0. Not
> sure if that means anything.
>
> Quick note: the card does work on a separate system that is not OpenBSD but
> FreeBSD.
>
> Any help in the right direction is appreciated!
>
> Thanks.

Update: I was able to solve this issue. I was using a PCIe 2 card in a PCIe 3
slot. My motherboard had an option to correct the slot to a previous generation
of PCIe (for w/e reason it was called Gen1 in the BIOS). I had seen this option
previously but kept it on auto. All link lights were working for the card
during this time so I figured it was an OS issue. Turns out I was dead wrong...
Changing the setting has fixed all the issues, so now the em firmware is loaded
during boot.