Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Your system is layed out strangely and sysupgrade cannot handle all
> absurd layouts.

And:
> The correct proposal is:
>
>      Install your machines in a normal way.
>
> It is not unreasonable.

Hi,

You are right, that is a reasonable requirement.

This system was installed in a normal way. Later, a second disk was added.

A smaller, faster storage device for the OS with a larger, not so fast
device for data (including home) doesn't seem that absurd to me. Maybe a
bit old school.

That the device names changed, that the disk I added later became sd0, is
(I assume) related to how OpenBSD probes/manages the hardware. That
hasn't caused me any issues at all except for, perhaps, this one problem
of confusing sysupgrade. But it looks as if I have a solution for that
now, or as you suggest, I can do upgrades manually, so all good here.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers,
Robb.