On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 14:06, Jan Betlach <ho...@betlach.name> wrote:

> I am about to install -current on my new T14s with Ryzen 4750u as well.
>
> I have browsed r/openbsd, there are two recent posts related to this. I have
> also chatted on Freenode / #openbsd as there are couple of guys running
> -current on their AMD Thinkpads.
>
> It seems that almost everything works. For suspend you need to switch the
> option from "Windows" to "Linux" in Bios (Config/Power/SleepState). Few
> people still report occasional problems with suspend.
> Also, there's no userland clock_gettime on the 4750U (due to reported tsc
> skew).
> Almost everything else works - wifi, acceleration, etc.
>
> Will report my own experience as soon as will get to -current installation.
>
> Jan

Hey Jan,

I ended up getting some free time today, so I went ahead and installed
-current on this machine. So far, works great (have a few small
issues, but these may be down to the fact that I don't know what I'm
doing :-) I will be interested to hear if you have a similar
experience (esp. with the small niggles I note below).

I built the install disk from today's snapshot. No issues installing
(including disk encryption).

Suspend works, haven't tried Hibernate.

WiFi works once you pull in the firmware.

Brightness hotkeys and keyboard backlight hotkeys work fine.

Thus far I have not tested ethernet but the device shows up so I am
assuming it is fine. X runs fine, haven't noticed any tearing or
anything. Even without a compositor running it's much
smoother/performant than on Linux - without something like picom, Arch
Linux would exhibit large amounts of tearing when playing video.
OpenBSD does much better here.

The machine doesn't seem to be running hotter than usual or anything either.

A few minor issues (none are deal breakers in the slightest, at least for me):

- Webcam doesn't appear to work
- Sound works but ONLY through the headphone jack. Even with
everything in mixerctl unmuted, no dice. The light on the mute hotkey
stays lit. Oddly though if you are using headphones and press that
key, the mute works. Thus far I haven't managed to investigate the
volume keys. I will post separately about this because I suspect maybe
I am not configuring it right.
- My Lenovo USB-C dock is recognized - it provides power, USB and is
also recognized as a sound output device. But the HDMI and
displayports on it are totally dead. xrandr doesn't pick them up at
all - I wonder if I need to boot the machine with the dock plugged in.
That said, if I plug my monitor in via HDMI directly on the laptop, it
works just fine.

Anyhow, hope that helps anyone Googling for answers on this. :-)

Cheers,
Ash