On 20 Oct 20:21, Bob Beck wrote:
> On 20 Oct 21:01, Uwe Werler wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > before opening a bug report I'll ask here because I want to make sure that I
> > have not missed something.
>
> You should probably submit a real bug report instead of jumping to
> conclusions on misc@

Hi Bob, it was in the middle of the night and I got quite kinda stressed
because all services depending on our ldap proxy stopped working after the
upgrade and it took me a while to figure the problem out. But as in 99.9% of
the cases I wanted to be sure that the problem sits not between screen and
keyboard because I missed or misconfigured something.

Will open a proper bug report now.

> > With the upgrade to 6.8 my cert validation seems to be broken because the
> > hashed certs in /etc/ssl/certs are not honored anymore. I usually stored our
> > L1 and L2 ca certs in /etc/ssl/certs and hashed them with "openssl
> > certhash".
> > That worked for all my machines until 6.7 but broke with 6.8. Adding the ca
> > certs to /etc/ssl/cert.pem works.
> >
> > Did I miss something? I guess something changed during k2k20 in "certificate
> > chain validation in libcrypto"?
> >
> > Thanks and with kind regards.
> >
> > Uwe

> >Mmh, it seems to me that libssl is broken. After the upgrade to 6.8 my
> >openldap proxies were screwed too. I configured explicitely
> >
> >olcTLSCACertificatePath: /etc/ssl/certs
> >
> >But that broke so I had to change to:
>
> "Broke".. how?

The certificate chain can't be verified anymore so ldap connections (server -
server and client - server) can't be established anymore.

> >olcTLSCACertificateFile: /etc/ssl/cert.pem
> >
> >... and I had to change also /etc/openldap/ldap.conf from:
> >
> >TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/ssl/certs

> >TLS_CACERT /etc/ssl/cert.pem
> >
> >to keep syncrepl running.
>
> You are a little bit thin on details here. The changes in the validator
> should not affect the loading of your certificates.

slapd acts as a ldap client for syncreplication to work and is therefore
configured via /etc/openldap/ldap.conf. But because the validation stopped
working syncrepl also stopped working.

> Are you using openldap from packages or something else?

Yes, always from ports.

> So please pass on some details and perhaps a succint way to reproduce
> and include the error messages you see. Probably as a real bug report
> instead of misc discussions.

Yes, I open now a bug report.

mbk Uwe