I wrote earlier in ports the same problem

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=159241946411948&w=2

Unfortunately, I could not find a solution.
I think chromium is broken on i386

On 2020-10-28, Anthony Campbell <a...@acampbell.uk> wrote:
> I upgraded to the i386 version of 6.8-Release on three different
> Thinkpads R40E. On all of them, chromium fails to start, saying "Unable
> to allocate memory".

How does your datasize limit look? Try bumping it as high as it will go
("infinity" in login.conf, which I think results in 3145728 in ulimit -d)
and see if that helps.

If it doesn't work at all please let me know so I can disable it on i386
and stop wasting time in the i386 bulk builds, it takes about 28 hours to
build which is a lot of time tying up the machine if the results are
useless :)

iridium may do better (at least for a while..)