On 16/11/2020 20:40, Philip Guenther wrote:
Looks like qemu fails to behave like a real AMD CPU by failing to handle
the wrmsr() for that errata.  Also the kernel you're running it on is
failing to apply the errata itself (because otherwise OpenBSD won't be
trying to flip the bit itself).  Go shake an AMD errata document at the
qemu people and figure out why your host kernel isn't applying a documented
fix.
Thanks! This is very helpful - I will figure out why both my host kernel isn't applying the errata and report to qemu.