Hi Maksim & Edgar,

Edgar Pettijohn wrote on Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 03:37:22PM -0600:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 08:02:19PM +0300, ?????????? ???????????? wrote:

>> Where can I find any manuals and examples regarding OpenSMTPD-extras?

Try:

   $ man -k ^table-
   $ man table-passwd table-socketmap table-sqlite table-redis

>> Which table types are supported and do not have status "experimental"
>> like ldap tables?
>> E.g. what is opensmtpd-extras-python and how can I use it?

Not sure about thise questions.

> Your best bet is to git clone the repository and search for the tables,
> etc you are interested in.

That would be unusual with OpenBSD; when possible, we try to include
documentation in user-installable packages and not only in source
distributions.

Strangely, in this case, there are files

  table-postgres.5 table-mysql.5

in the source tarballs but not in the respective packing lists.

Strangely, the tarball also contains three empty README files.

> If there is a manual simply `mandoc file | less`.

Not the best advice ever...  :-/

Manually piping mandoc(1) output to less(1) is never needed.

If you have a manual page in the current directory - say, table-sqlite.5 -
then just

   $ man -l table-sqlite.5

is sufficient, and if it's properly installed, as the opensmtpd-extras
package does it, then just

   $ man table-sqlite

does the job without even needing to worry about the current directory.

> Unfortunantly there aren't manuals for all of the `extras`.

Hmm, you may be right about that one, for example a table-python(5)
manual page doesn't appear to exist.

Yours,
  Ingo