‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, 20 December 2020 10:28, Peter J. Philipp <p...@centroid.eu> wrote:

> The story is, that I log time to lives (TTL) with a setsockopt() on my logging
> DNS server. Whenever mail.openbsd.org sends a mail it does not ask its cache
> but does a dns query every time. This is a great beacon on the Internet (at
> least for me) it tells something of the dedication openbsd has for delivering
> the mail from the mailing lists.

Erm ....

Doesn't mail.openbsd.org, alongside most other openbsd servers, originate from
Theo's basement ?

If so, it tells you nothing "beacon" about the state of the internet.  There
are many, many, many better projects out there that you can monitor if you wish
to have a true "beacon" view of what's going on on the internet.

Nor does it tell you anything of openbsd's dedication to anything apart from
its obstinance in insisting that Theo's basement is the best place to host
servers and refuse to answer questions from the community in that respect (see
discussions when Theo came begging for money for electricity or whatever it was
a few years back).

Still, I'm sure Theo will be happy for you to blow his trumpet for him. ;-)