On Mon, 21 Dec 2020, ben wrote:

> Hello;
>
> >You could try typing your password to see if it wakes up.
>
> For whatever reason my keyboard shuts off as well, as in I can't type
> anything.
> I've tried entering my password, trying caps and num lock, and yet nothing
> seems to work.
>
> >Last thought, maybe there's a relevant BIOS setting?
>
> I've disabled everything that could be problematic in the BIOS, such as secure
> boot, and a bunch of other built in features which could cause problems.
>
> Is there a way to just shut off the screensaver in OpenBSD? I've tried taking
> look at the output of sysctl(8) and I couldn't find any relevant information.

This is a long shot but, do you have your keyboard/mouse connected to
the monitor instead of directly to the motherboard ?  (Some monitors
like mine have a USB hub).  In that case when the monitor "suspends" it
removes power from the USB hub, at least my monitor does that.  Touching
any button on the monitor brings back everything.

As I said, long shot ...

Cheers,

--
Paco Esteban.