> On 13 Jan 2021, at 06:04, Cand Tec <cand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is my first time responding to a post so forgive me if I violate any
> protocols here. I currently use OBSD 6.8 amd64 as a FW for 3 office clients,
> all running on high-end repurposed desktops. Due to covid I've had to quickly
> setup ikev for a very small number of home users, none of which are
> roadwarriors and all use Win10. Yes, I know I should be using ikev2, so don't
> chew me out, at the time it was just quicker.
> Using the UI in Win10 is not the way to go. Apparently the Win10 default
> parameters via UI does not provide the required ciphers.
> I used powershell to modify the parameters first then use the vpn connection
> properties to finalize the settings. It worked 100% of the times without
> fail. When I duplicated using only the Win10 UI iand t failed in every
> instance.
>
> Here are the powershell cmds I used to modify my default vpn settings which
> has worked everytime -
> PS C:\> Add-VpnConnection -Name "VPN_NAME" -ServerAddress vpn.domain.com
> -TunnelType "L2tp"
> PS C:\> Set-VpnConnectionIPsecConfiguration -ConnectionName "VPN_NAME"
> -AuthenticationTransformConstants None -CipherTransformConstants AES256
> -EncryptionMethod AES256 -IntegrityCheckMethod SHA256 -PfsGroup None -DHGroup
> Group14 -PassThru -Force

Indeed that does not work for IKEv2:
ikev1_recv: header ispi 0x94edd5a8931477d9 rspi 0x0000000000000000 nextpayload
1 version 0x10 exchange 2 flags 0x00 msgid 0 length 256
ikev1_recv: IKEv1 not supported

Looking at some of the other information provided, I tried this along with the
registry edit below:

PS> Add-VpnConnection -Name "IPB2" -ServerAddress "vpn.company.com" -TunnelType
IKEv2 -AuthenticationMethod MachineCertificate -AllUserConnection -Force
PS> Set-VpnConnectionIPsecConfiguration -ConnectionName "IPB2"
-AuthenticationTransformConstants None -CipherTransformConstants AES256
-EncryptionMethod AES256 -IntegrityCheckMethod SHA256 -DHGroup Group14
-PfsGroup None -PassThru -AllUserConnection

But that doesn’t seem to help anything.