Hello,

tetrahe...@danwin1210.me (tetrahe...@danwin1210.me), 2021.01.28 (Thu) 16:00
(CET):
> I'm trying to set up my system so I can use 'sendbug' to send in a bug
> report for a kernel panic, and a number of issues have cropped up.
>
> 1. My mail provider won't let me send email from <u...@myhost.foo> but only
> from <my_lap...@domain.com>. Therefore I tried adding to ~/.mailrc:
>       set from "my_lap...@domain.com"
> Unfortunately, this didn't fix the issue, and /var/log/maillog is still
> showing "Sender address rejected" messages.
> According to the mail manpage 'from' is a binary option, but this makes no
> sense to me, where does one set the default from address?

I have nothing to say on mail(1) interactive usage :-) and got confused
reading the man page, just as you.

You could use "sendbug -P > sendbug.out" to get your report in a file
and send that from a different host. Or edit the file and

$ cat sendbug.out | mail -s "my bug report" -r my_lap...@domain.com \
        -c my_lap...@domain.com b...@openbsd.org

> 2. Where can I find the message that 'sendbug' composed? 'ls
> /var/spool/smtpd/queue/*' does not show any messages in any of the
> subfolders, did smtpd delete it because it couldn't be delivered?

Do you see

smtpd[30872]: warn: queue: no return path!

in /var/log/maillog? Do you have a file named "dead.letter"?

Marcus