Hi,

I upgraded my APU2 on 2021-01-16 and I have this in the upgrade log
email:

Terminal type? [vt220] vt220
Available disks are: sd0.
Which disk is the root disk? ('?' for details) [sd0] sd0
Checking root filesystem (fsck -fp /dev/sd0a)... OK.
Mounting root filesystem (mount -o ro /dev/sd0a /mnt)... OK.
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFPARENT: Invalid argument
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Device not configured
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device not configured
Force checking of clean non-root filesystems? [no] no
[...]

The upgrade log before (2020-12-10) was just
Terminal type? [vt220] vt220
Available disks are: sd0.
Which disk is the root disk? ('?' for details) [sd0] sd0
Checking root filesystem (fsck -fp /dev/sd0a)... OK.
Mounting root filesystem (mount -o ro /dev/sd0a /mnt)... OK.
Force checking of clean non-root filesystems? [no] no
[...]

I guess this comes from me switching from trunk(4) to aggr(4).

Is it normal/expected?

It doesn't cause me any trouble but I would have expected the same
'behavior' from trunk(4) and aggr(4) in this regard. Or is it to keep
bsd.rd on a diet?

Cheers,
Daniel