On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:06:37PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 11:47:04AM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
In general, crypto softraid volumes don't auto-assemble.

I forgot that softraid volumes that use a key disk instead of a
passphrase will auto-assemble. Have you already tried that?
A disklabel slice on the USB key could act as a key disk for
the encrypted volume on the internal disk.

I am looking at the manpage for bioctl(8) and I don't see any provision for either changing the passphrase of an existing encrypted disk, or replacing the passphrase with a keydisk.

Is there any way to change my existing install over to using a keydisk, instead of a passphrase? Or do I need to wipe everything and re-install?