* Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Is anybody using 802.11a with ath?
> > The manpage lists a/b/g as working, although g definitly doesn't
> > work for me, only b does. Now I'm curious if anything besides b
> > actually works before I buy an antenna for a.
> > Or is it just my cards? If not, why isn't there a note about this in
> > the manpage?
>
> There are many different models of the "ath" hardware.  Not everything
> works perfectly -- but much of it does work.  I think it is a bad
> thing to make simplified statements like you did above.

Well, there was a thread some weeks ago that stated that 802.11g
generally doesn't work with ath (in "Hostap and 802.11g"):
"no, only 11b with atheros. there is no implementation for 11g in
openbsd."
Or does g only not work in hostap?

> Without specific model information *taken right out of dmesg*, noone
> will be able to help you.

ath0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0 "Atheros AR5212" rev 0x01: irq 12
ath0: AR5212 5.9 phy 4.3 rf5112 3.6, FCC1A, address 00:0b:6b:36:00:dc

That's a Wistron CM 9. Any chance of getting a working on this typ of
card?
--
Fridtjof Busse
   YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!