Thank you all for the suggestions, I am currently testing a few of them.

Incase it makes any difference, the underlying problem I have is I have two
firewalls with BGP upstreams, one acting as primary, one as standby.  So the
problem I am seeing is the age-old problem of asymmetric traffic to the
secondary firewall meaning pkg_add on the secondary doesn't work.

I guess I could med/localpref tweak the secondary to push traffic via the
primary.  But then I still have the problem of determining return path for the
traffic (given inherent overlapping of IP ranges on the boxes).

26 Feb 2021, 15:34 by s...@spacehopper.org: