Hello, I need some help to configure my acme-client the right way.

Obtain certificates itself works using OpenBSD -current #434 from April 1st.

I have a CAA record

$ dig -t CAA our.bio-planet.earth +short
0 issue "letsencrypt.org"

The configuration for httpd.conf and relayd.conf are taken fron honk https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/ports/www/honk/pkg/README?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

The acme-client.conf is taken from /etc/examples/ and the settings for the domain are

$ tail -f /etc/acme-client.conf
domain our.bio-planet.earth {
        domain key "/etc/ssl/private/our.bio-planet.earth.key"
        domain certificate "/etc/ssl/our.bio-planet.earth.crt"
domain full chain certificate "/etc/ssl/our.bio-planet.earth.fullchain.pem"
        sign with letsencrypt
}

The FQHN equals the domain and I donĀ“t want to use other / sub domains. The .crt file is required for the tls keypair part in relayd.conf.

If I try to verify the certificate using

$ openssl verify our.bio.planet.earth.fullchain.pem
CN = our.bio-planet.earth
error 21 at 0 depth lookup:unable to verify the first certificate
CN = our.bio-planet.earth
error 21 at 0 depth lookup:unable to verify the first certificate
/etc/ssl/our.bio-planet.earth.fullchain.pem: verification failed: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate)

On the other hand

$ openssl verify /etc/ssl/cert.pem
cert.pem: OK

How can I fix this as it did not work if I try to use the certs for example for prosody.

Thanks and regards,

Christoph