On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 01:50:59PM -0500, Luke Small wrote:
> I make unbound connect to dnscrypt-proxy and after an update, it’ll just
> sit there for what seems like 2 minutes while fw_update inevitably fails
> before turning on dnscrypt-proxy. I’ve been running snapshots and that’s
> really dumb. Or is there a way to have unbound connect to a failover server
> when the default resolver isn’t responsive that I’m not aware of?--
> -Luke
well there are many ways to go about this.
Both sysupgrade and fw_update are scripts so they can be easily
modified to your needs. Copy them to your path that takes precedence
and customise them to your needs. fw_update actually is a perl
script that calls the pkg_xxx with the fw_update mode.
>From the pkg_add manpage you can see that you can specify
FETCH_CMD to whatever you want. Now you can either write a small
script yourself to either send a SIGALRM after X seconds and listen
for that, or use a another command like curl which implements connect
timeouts. like so
FETCH_CMD="/usr/local/bin/curl --connect-timeout 1" fw_update