> The main issue with remote logging is that your log messages could be
> lost when destination is unreachable.
I'll have a look into it. Using only base would be pleasant, but it's
definitely not mandatory. As my project hasn't reached implementation
I'll begin my evaluation on the drawing board to classify my data in
aspects of authenticity and reliability.

> You can also find syslog-ng in ports which have more bells and
> whistles, such as SQL support and whatnot.
Though syslog-ng would be interesting from a technological point of
view, there is currently no sense in going "full extend" for a few
machines.

To both of you (@Chris & @Ben), thanks for you input. Very welcome.

Best wishes,
Fabian