On  2 May at 13:04, Dave Voutila <d...@sisu.io> wrote:
> Holger Glaess writes:
>
> > hi
> >

> > i did the upgrade von 6.8 to 6.9 .
> >

> > after reboot i get in my messages log
> >

> > vmd[56]: vionet_enq_rx: descriptor too small for packet data
> >

> > i run only one vm on my box, this is also upgraded to 6.9.
> >

> > how can i fix this ?
> >

> Can you share some more details? Does networking work? How do you start
> this vm (what are the networking arguments)? Need more info to reproduce
> what you're seeing.
>
> There were minimal changes in the virtio emulation between 6.8 and
> 6.9. One of the few changes involved dhcp/bootp packet intercept, so I'm
> curious what your guest is doing.

Interestingly I am seeing the same on my 6.9 hosts, except the host running
-current.
The hosts are similar in regards to configuration.
I have migrated from bridge/vether to veb/vport.

May  2 13:14:38 r2 vmd[59033]: vionet_enq_rx: descriptor too small for packet
data
May  2 13:15:12 r2 last message repeated 11 times
May  2 13:17:13 r2 last message repeated 34 times

# vmctl show | grep 59033
   6 59033     1    4.0G    1.8G   ttyp5         root  running images

# vm.conf
switch "uplink_vlan880" {
        interface veb880
}
vm "images" {
        memory 4G
        disk "/var/vmm/images.qcow2"
        disk "/var/vmm/images_extra.qcow2"
        interface tap { switch "uplink_vlan880" }
}

# cat /etc/hostname.em0
up
# cat /etc/hostname.veb880
add vlan880
add vport880
up
# cat /etc/hostname.vlan880
vnetid 880 parent em0
up
# cat /etc/hostname.vport880
inet 46.23.xx.xx 255.255.255.0
inet6 2a03:6000:xxx::xx
up

I am using a combination of dhcp and static IP config on both hosts to
provision the VMs.

What else can be relevant?

Mischa