Bryan Brake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> if the x.x.x versioning is followed 4.0 would mean there is a major
> upgrade to the OS, while 3.10 is minor updates.

Some of us *cough* argued going to hex numbering for the version
following 2.9 would be an excellent idea.

OpenBSD 3.9 is a great operating system with numerous improvements over
previous versions.  We can reasonably expect version 4.0 to be a further
improvement in six monts' time, as we can expect of version 4.1 to be
the result of a further six month's worth of excellent development
effort.

That's the way it works. Don't read a lot of other marketing hype into
the version numbers.

20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds.