Mischa writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a couple of machines running on 6.8 still, will upgrade soon. :)
> For some reason when I am trying to boot a 6.9 bsd.rd nothing is happening.

6.9 bsd.rd's for amd64 are gzip'd. For 6.9, vmd was taught how to boot
compressed kernels/ramdisks.

> It's only showing:
> Connected to /dev/ttypq (speed 115200)
>
> Nothing else appears.
> Booting from a 6.8 bsd.rd works normally.
>
> Equally booting from 6.9 bsd.rd on a 6.9 host works as expected as well.
>
> Something I can do to make this work?

gunzip the ramdisk and a 6.8 vmd instance should be able to boot it.

Once you have a guest updated and it's using seabios it will be booting
off the disk image and it shouldn't matter at that point.

-dv