On 2021-06-25, gil...@poolp.org <gil...@poolp.org> wrote:
> June 25, 2021 5:08 AM, "Samuel Banya" <sba...@fastmail.com> wrote:
>

>> [...]
>>
>> Here is the output of running the following command in
>> '/usr/local/dovecot/sieve' as the 'root'
>> user on the box, but received the following message:
>> #+BEGIN_SRC bash
>> l# sievec report-ham.sieve
>> report-ham: line 1: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability
>> `vnd.dovecot.pipe'.
>> report-ham: line 1: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability
>> `imapsieve'.
>> report-ham: line 15: error: unknown command 'pipe' (only reported once at
>> first occurrence).
>> report-ham: error: validation failed.
>> sievec(root): Fatal: failed to compile sieve script 'report-ham.sieve'
>> # sievec report-spam.sieve
>> report-spam: line 1: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability
>> `vnd.dovecot.pipe'.
>> report-spam: line 1: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability
>> `imapsieve'.
>> report-spam: line 7: error: unknown command 'pipe' (only reported once at
>> first occurrence).
>> report-spam: error: validation failed.
>> sievec(root): Fatal: failed to compile sieve script 'report-spam.sieve'
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> Is there anything else that can be done?
>>

> Are you sure that you installed the dovecot-pigeonhole and didn't miss that
> step ?
>

>> Don't mean to be that guy, but I get the feeling that it might have to be an
>> OpenBSD issue in terms
>> of the sievec package, or the Dovecot release.
>>

> It is very doubtful.
>
> Not only a lot of people are using it and giving feedback about their working
> setup,
> but I have also reinstalled a mail server from scratch last week and since I
> have an
> issue remembering the dovecot bits, I used the guide as reference.
>
> Maybe there's an issue in OpenBSD or the guide and we somehow all dodged it,
> but I'd
> assume an error on your side to be more likely at this point :-)
>

>> Please let me know what I could do to further troubleshoot the issue.
>>

> make sure dovecot-pigeonhole is installed and if that's the case, I'd
> uninstall both
> dovecot and dovecot-pigeonhole, move /etc/dovecot to /etc/dovecot.BAK, then
> go again
> from scratch in case you messed up something in the process.
>
> Gilles

I'm only using Dovecot with Postfix not OpenSMTPd, but don't think there
will be any difference to the sieve side of things and that works fine
here.

I have Dovecot on multiple OpenBSD setups, including with sieve/imapsieve,
SSH-based dsync (replicator), FTS (I use solr; dovecot-fts-xapian works too).
The only problem I'm aware of with Dovecot and OpenBSD is with TLS-based
dsync which doesn't cope with libressl very well (the main part of
Dovecot has no problem it's just with replicator).