Hello list!

I just upgraded one of our lab machines from 6.8 to 6.9
(amd64), and our lab environment is closed to the Internet,
so using an HTTP proxy is required to reach out.

I have set http_proxy, ftp_proxy and https_proxy in
/etc/login.conf, the default class, but it is apparently
not used by rc.firstboot after sysupgrade.

With the new installer in 6.9 rc.firstboot seems to be
a background process that hangs because of this, so when I
logged in as root after remote upgrade I resolved the stalemate
by first killing an ftp job serving fw_update, then a similar
download job serving syspatch, and waited until the not updated
kernel was relinked.
Then I could run fw_update and syspatch manually.

Is there a better / proper way to set a HTTP/HTTPS proxy
for sysupgrade?

Cheers