Hi There

Our two OpenBSD 3.8 KDC's are working nicely, but the latest security announcements from heimdal resulted in some questions from the sysadm. As far as I can see the issues only involves deprecated services like telnet and rsh which are disabled anyway.

In 3.8 heimdal 0.6.3 (+patches) is default, but there are 0.6.6 and 0.7.2 releases on the heimdal homepage. Should I upgrade manually or are there good reasons not to? Are there a good reason not to use the 0.7.x branch?

BTW I'm thinking about hacking heimdal to make it use CryptoCard OTP tokens. Has anybody else tried this? My idea was use the quicklog mode and simplify things by synchronizing the token via a seperate channel (eg. a web service).

Regards, Tom

--
Tom Helmer Hansen
IT security consultant