On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 04:54:08PM +0200, Isak Holmström wrote:
> 15 juli 2021 kl. 10:07 skrev Jonathan Drews <jondr...@fastmail.com>:
> >>
> >>  According to Wikipedia, The X220 was first manufactured in 2011.
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinkPad_X_series#X220
> >> Remove the battery and look for the date when it was manufactured. The
> >> manufacture date is usually stamped somewhere on the battery. If it is
> >> more than 4 years old, then it  may very well be dead.
>
> The battery is a replacement battery not older than 1 year, bought from eBay.
> The text on the battery says:
> Green Cell replace FRU 42T4861, ASM 42T4862. Li-ion 11.1V 4400mAh.”

In my web search just now it looked superficially like more local (Norwegian or
possibly Swedish) sites had new units in stock. Prices quoted something like
NOK 350 or thereabouts and up to around 1500 NOKs. That variation is a bit odd
but I'd think it's worth checking for relatively local sources.

- P

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/