> > Does that prevent dhcpd from listening on any virtual interface? I'm trying
> > to have it listen for requests on a vether in a bridge, and that fails (or
> > I'm making a mistake).
> It should work, unless are running dhclient/dhcpleased on the same machine,
> because the bpf filter will eat DHCP-related packets. You'll know whether this
> affects you by checking whether dhcpd starts working when you kill the DHCP
> client.
I am pretty sure dhcpd(8) uses bpf(4) as well; thus having rules in pf.conf(5)
or running dhcpleased(8) or dhclient(8) shouldn't affect it. I know my router
uses dhcpleased(8) to acquire and renew an IPv4 address from my ISP as well as
runs dhcpd(8) on multiple vlan(4) interfaces to serve DHCP clients.