If you want backups get a tape drive.  Do not rely on disk for backups,
especially if they are in the same machine. If you don't know how to do this I advice you to get some consulting. You are asking very basic administration
questions and these lists are not the appropriate forum for that.

I don't have the money for a tape drive. They are expensive. And most people are not writing bioctl so these questions are not "very basic". Thanks for your help before but give me a break here, I'm reading the man pages, I'm trying. Basicially you are saying if you don't know the answer then it might be a good question. Fuck that.