On 2021-08-05, Mike <the.li...@mgm51.com> wrote:
> On 8/5/2021 8:18 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> Please report to bugs@ with the following,
>>
>> - quick summary of problem
>> - dmesg
>> - a text version of the panic/crash message
>> - at least a text version of the function names from the backtrace
>> if not the full thing
>> - links to images hosted elsewhere (not attachments) if the text version
>> of the above isn't the full thing
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I did that on a week or two ago.  I was not able to get the text version
> of the crash message, but the images show it clearly.

Just type in the relevant lines from the images.

> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=162612361706514&w=2

For bug reports you really need to get the basic information in front of
developer's eyeballs without any extra work on their part. Plain text in
the email will be right there. Links that need opening in a browser can
be useful for extra information. A zip file that needs downloading,
extracting, files opening - it's quite a barrier when somebody might
just be able to quickly read the panic message and functions in the
backtrace and say "aha I know what that is".

> To clarify, to reproduce...
>
> - Reboot after the fresh install of OpenBSD current.
>
> - plug in the USB comm cable from the UPS

By requiring that somebody have an affected UPS to reproduce the
bug you seriously reduce the number of people who can help.