‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, August 25th, 2021 at 1:01 PM, Kristjan Komlosi
<kristjan.koml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24. 08. 21 21:59, Laura Smith wrote:
>
> > Would be interesting to hear comments from the community on this comparison
> > : https://elegantnetwork.github.io/posts/followup-measuring-BGP-stacks/
> >
> > N.B. For the record, don't shoot the messenger, I had nothing to do with
> > these tests, I just became aware of them via the BIRD list. I am
> > particularly interested in the OpenBSD community comments given one person
> > on the BIRD list had this to say of OpenBGPD: "OpenBGPd has always been a
> > dog.".
>
> I'm no expert at all, but I'd imagine that OpenBGPD performs at least
>
> somewhat differently on Linux, which seems to be what the author used in
>
> the tests.

Yes, the Linux thought never crossed my mind.  But then the only thing I know
about OpenBGPD on Linux is that due to maintenance complexities it doesn't
integrate with the routing table which somewhat limits its usability (at least
in any of my potential use-cases).