On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 at 9:28 PM, Stuart Henderson <stu.li...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:

> On 2021-08-24, Error@Oddprotocol <er...@oddprotocol.org> wrote:
> > hi all
> > i have been trying to use some tcl script for an eggdrop on openbsd 6.9
> > and im getting the following error
> >
> > Error: error reading "sock7": Unknown error: 50327587
> >

> > i have tested the same script on other linux distro and they/it works
> fine.
> >
> > i think there is a some dependency or lib missing, as a learner its
> really
> > tough for me to figure it out. can any one help?
>
> That isn't how a missing dependency or library would normally show itself.
> There aren't mamy Tcl people here, you could try
> asking the Tcl port maintainer but you're probably better off
> asking on Tcl mailing lists.
>

> I saw you asked this question in a few places and someone suggested a
newer version of tcltls.

I’ve had a quick go at using the newer version (1.7.22) on OpenBSD 6.9 and
it seems to improve things. It certainly went from throwing an error to
being able to retrieve an https page.

I didn’t use the sample code just a simple http request so not saying the
egg drop code is guaranteed to work but might get you further along.

Download and extract the source code, configure, make and use. It seems to
just work.

Do you want to give that a go - I can give more details if you need.

Thanks,
Richard