On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 09:54:52AM -0700, Chris Bennett wrote:

> > > Shucks, you must feel terrible about our decision.
> >
> > Well, compared to the fact that you, back in 2016, wrote that,
> > "We don't spend hours of our time adding unimportant notes to that file.",
> > concerning updating the FAQ about this, maybe
> > instead of giving these useless comments, that you apparently
> > have got plenty of time to do, you should actually provide some
> > kind of useful information somewhere!
> >

> Wow. I guess a 2500 page FAQ would be much better.
>
> But, I do believe I have found an important issue to add to the porting
> section of the FAQ.
> Although it covers submitting a single port, it does not cover how to
> deal with submitting a larger project with 20+ submissions.
>
> I learned the hard way that the methods I was using to submit ports for
> a larger project just didn't work for getting these looked at and getting
> the two OK's needed for new ports. Oops.

Note that the main current issue wrt OpenBSD ports is the chronical lack
of time to look at everything that gets submitted.

"perfect submissions" tend to get looked at more easily, but it is
frequent to have to nag a bit to get people to look at it, especially when
it is not the most used port in the world.

(I do follow the "okay required to new ports rule" and I have to nag to
get things in as well)

--
        Marc