On 2021-10-28 12:58, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:55:33AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:

Hi folks,

my pf.conf contains

        table <spamd-white>     persist file "/etc/mail/spamd-white"

I understand that I can add and delete hosts from the table manually
later, but on very large tables this is pretty painful. There is a high
risk that the table has just been flushed and is not up-to-date yet,
while the next EMail comes in.

Would it be possible to add some magic to pfctl -T to reread the whole
table from file and hand it off to pf in an atomic operation?

Regards
Harri

AFAIK

        pfctl -t spamd-white -T replace -g /etc/mail/spamd-white

Mischa

does already do an update of the table in an atomic way.

        -Otto