Hi,

tetrahe...@danwin1210.de wrote on Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 09:37:35PM +0000:

> I have to say I am really impressed. This is how IT should be done. My
> compliments to the developers.

Heh, you are evoking pleasant old memories.  That's exactly how i felt
shortly after a SysOp colleague made the casual remark "why don't we try
OpenBSD 2.7 for this multi-purpose server?"  It surprised me because i had
never heard of that one.  Before that, i had used the following operating
systems: hpl, HP Basic 2.1, Commodore BASIC, MS DOS, MS Windows, Ultrix,
HP-UX, AIX, DEC OSF/1, SuSE, Redhat, Debian, and a handful whose names
i have forgotten.

Being fairly experienced with Debian and completely new to OpenBSD,
getting real work done typically took less than half the time with OpenBSD
than it used to take with Debian.  And it only got better collecting
experience.  In one admittedly bizarre episode two or three years later,
i solved a problem in less than an hour by setting up an OpenBSD machine
(probably 3.1 or 3.3 or thereabout) that a Debian developer who also
happened to be present on-site (and who later became a member of the
Debian release team) had wrestled with for two hours and then given up on.

Have fun,
  Ingo