On Thu, 2021-12-30 at 08:59 +0000, Hayri Can KAVAK wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to separate isakmpd/ipsec logs to another file instead of
> /var/log/messages.
> Here my config at the top of /etc/syslog.conf
> !!isakmpd
> daemon.info
> /var/log/ipsec_info.log
> daemon.debug
> /var/log/ipsec_debug.log
> !*
>
> I restarted syslogd & isakmpd but nothing changed. It still logs to
> /var/log/messages.
> How can i achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The files /var/log/ipsec_{info,debug}.log need to exist before logging
to them (and loaded in by sending SIGHUP to syslog(8)). syslogd(8) will
not try to create the files. From syslogd(8):

The logfiles already have to exist with the correct permissions.

The default syslog.conf doesn't write messages for DAEMON to
/var/log/messages, they should end up in /var/log/daemon. But without
seeing your full syslog.conf I can't say what's going on there.

Hope this helps.

martijn@