On 2006-03-10 at 10:19, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> Quite a few people run Apache 2 on OpenBSD, so it does work, but I'm not
> sure just how well it works. Certainly, Apache 2 uses threads quite a
> bit and threads are not that fast on OpenBSD (though that is fast
> improving).
>
> Anyway, stick with the included Apache if possible, or just compile and
> install the new Apache 2 somewhere you like. As long as it isn't under
> /usr (but, for instance, under /usr/local or /opt), no conflict will
> arise. Though you do have to make sure that you are calling the proper
> apachectl when starting.

I run apache2 on OpenBSD (not 1 because of the lack of ipv6 support),
and it works OK. My site isn't a really high-traffic one, though, but it
performs well enough for my use. The default apache2 installation path
of /usr/local/apache2 is fine.

--
Antti Nykdnen | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://aon.iki.fi/