yes, I think you are right.

/etc/ttys shows this line:

tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown off

I for sure messed it up manually with sysmerge...

Thanks a lot, Nick!

Thomas

On 22.02.22 17:25, Nick Holland wrote:
On 2/22/22 8:21 AM, Thomas wrote:
Hello,

I have a bunch of firewall and router devices with serial ports only. No
vga ports at all. After upgrading two of the devices to 7.0 I lose
access to the console after the boot process has finished. Last thing
that is printed on the screen is the date. Normally the log-in prompt is
showing up after that. After boot I'm now not able to access the server
via serial console at all anymore.

Has anyone made the same experience after upgrading?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Thomas

/etc/boot.conf
stty com0
set tty com0

IF you are getting the dmesg output but not the login prompt, sounds
like you lost the change to the tty00 line in /etc/ttys, it should
look something like:
   tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt220    on secure

HOW that happened is worthy of investigation. sysmerge should not
have blindly overwritten that file, but you might have done it
manually not remembering that's an important file.

Nick.

dmesg:

OpenBSD 7.0 (GENERIC.MP) #5: Mon Jan 31 09:09:02 MST 2022
[snipped for size, but thanks!]