On 3/14/22 4:31 PM, the guy who couldn't solve a trivial problem
 without vi on the install media wrote:

Billions of companies world wide use the Linux kernel and several of
the major Linux distributions daily. It would stand to reason that that
would make a lot more bugs be discovered.

The OpenBSD project can have the best coding practice, the best handle
on security mitigations, the best default options, but if very few
companies worldwide use the system, then it's not very battle-tested.

The famous old message on the website has been removed, but the "Only
two remote holes in the default install, in a heck of a long time!" is
maybe because "no one" is using the system in production except very
few.

That's a fascinating leap of (il)logic.  "I found a change on the
website, and it must be proof of my point!"

How much does battle-testing matter?

By your logic, Windows is the best, as it is most "battle tested",
by probably an order of magnitude greater than all Linux installs
combined.

What matters is people actively looking for problems.
That's not a popular activity with most projects and most OSs.  It is
much more rewarding to most people to add features, not to debug
existing code...and thus, you end up with ... Linux and Mozilla
products.

Economics 101: doesn't matter what you say, it matters what you DO.
Everyone says security is important; few actually give a shit about
it.

Nick.