On 3/21/22 20:22, Eric Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to learn about secure networking (PKI, x509 certs, DNS, IPS, etc.)
> and generally
> harden my home network using OpenBSD. Can I use OpenBSD services AND have
> it act as a desktop workstation on the same machine?
>
> Ref:
> https://superuser.com/questions/1712101/openbsd-home-server-workstation-on-same-machine
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Secure networking - Consideration: Defense in depth - If your services machine
is compromised, what will be exposed?

A server machine and a desktop machine are different roles, with different
requirements.  Mixing both in one machine can be done but you may not learn as
much.

I sent a message to the list in December describing my approach (covering 3
years) - May be interesting reading:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=164058491013379&w=2