Hi,

I had a question regarding configuring: /etc/resolvd.conf for use with a local caching resolver (using BIND), on the loopback address on OpenBSD 7.0.

This server is a mail server and I make use of DNSBL's such as SpamHaus, which is why I require a local caching resolver.

I see in: /etc/resolvd.conf that there are two options for the: options directive:

    edns0
    tcp

Because I have: /etc/resolvd.conf configured to use BIND on localhost, can I add either: edns0 or: tcp since I know the resolver on localhost supports this and it's the only resolver I ever contact ? I am thinking that this is perhaps more efficient than using just UDP without edns0 or tcp.

The other thing I'm wondering is whether this is superfluous ... does BIND "know" when being queried over localhost to use better network settings that UDP ?

Thanks,

- J