On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:51:24 -0500, "Jason Crawford"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am soon going to be getting an Octane with dual R12000SC CPUs. I was
>wondering how well OpenBSD would work on this computer (I am pretty
>sure there isn't SMP support on the SGI stuff yet) and how much help
>is needed in getting the SGI port to work even better.
>
>Jason

Hi Jason,

Octane support is a "planned project" but currently there is no support
for Octane as far as I know.

The only currently supported model is the SGI O2. The "little blue
toaster" O2 systems are a lot of fun and amazingly quick when they have
lots of RAM. When you stuff them full of RAM, they just scream, moreso
than any other arch I've used.

I've got a few O2 systems over here but I haven't touched the for months
and haven't used them with OpenBSD since 3.6/3.7. Even with the earlier
OpenBSD releases, once you get past the SGI-isms, they work very well.

Kind Regards,
JCR