Hi Andrew,

"Andrew W" <hapygallag...@gmail.com> writes:

> Not sure what else to try but I can't seem to get sleep/suspend to work on
> my frame.work laptop. I've tried OpenBSD 7.0 and 7.1 now, running off a 1TB
> USB drive.
>
> Running apm -S or apm -z the screen goes blank and the keyboard remains
> backlit, eventually the fan starts spinning faster. I need to long press
> the power button to force shutdown the machine. Hibernate says it's not
> supported, which is a bit less of a concern to me but having one of them
> working would be very helpful.

That could be same suspend problem that Ian Darwin and I are
experiencing: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=163889264323142&w=2

This is the workaround I'm currently using:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=163944843722090&w=2

Hibernate should be supported, I haven't tried for a while but it used
to work before 7.1 release (on 7.0-current).

You can also check this blog post from Joshua Stein for more information
about using OpenBSD on Framework laptop:
https://jcs.org/2021/08/06/framework

--
Renato