Thank you for your insight. I believe you are exactly correct. I have
previously run OpenBSD as my router and spamd in the classic setup, so
that is my past experience base. I was hoping to use it in this situation
as just a proxy in front of the mail server, but that seems to be getting
outside of the typical use case, so I’ll look at other
options/configuration.

Again, thank you for your time.
-Alex

Alex Johnson
ax.john...@gmail.com

(P.S. Just changed the e-mail registered on the list, so this is
the same Alex)