Hello,
I found an interesting option while reading "man xterm":
dabbrev-expand()
Expands the word before cursor by searching in the preceding
text on the screen and in the scrollback buffer for words
starting with that abbreviation.  Repeating dabbrev-expand()
several times in sequence searches for an alternative expansion
by looking farther back...

and tried to reproduce the example from man in my .Xresources file:
XTerm*VT100*translations: #override \n\
Meta <KeyPress> /:dabbrev-expand() \n\
Ctrl Shift <Key>C: copy-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n\

After "xrdb -load .Xresources" and trying to use the Meta + / in xterm
it does not seem to work. And there is an error after using this key
combination in ~/.xsession-errors:
"Warning: Actions not found: dabbrev-expand"

Should it work at all?

--
Maksim Rodin