On 2022-09-13, Walter Alejandro Iglesias <w...@roquesor.com> wrote:
> I'm posting this here since I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I
> did wrong.  Today I upgraded to the latest snapshot and while booting to
> the new system init ran syspatch(8).  I can't figure out why.

This is normal after doing an upgrade to an OpenBSD snapshot
which does not have -beta / -current in the version string.

> OpenBSD 7.2 (GENERIC.MP) #720: Sun Sep 11 15:41:58 MDT 2022
          ^^^
>     dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

(This does not mean that this is 7.2 yet, this transition phase
lasts for a while longer).

Also in this stage you will also have to set PKG_PATH to include
/snapshots/, or use pkg_add -D snap.