On 2022-09-13, 3 <ba...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> sorry guys for the stupid question, but the answers to stupid questions keep
> the world going :) in linux, there is a convenient feature in mc, when when
> pressing ctrl-o we not only see the console, but also we can execute commands
> in it. how to achieve this in obsd? it's about remote access via putty, if it
> matters(i have no way to test the behavior without putty)

Not a stupid question, this mc feature ("subshell") is implemented
in a bit of a complex way.

mc only supports it with certain shells: bash, zsh, tcsh, fish, dash
(and ash, but that's not available on openbsd)

Also there is a default terminal mapping on the ^O key which you may
need to override with "stty discard undef"

I'll see if I can get it to work for ksh, but for now if you use one
of the supported shells, it should work.