Florian Obser writes:

> You need this one:
>
>      filter filter-name phase phase-name match conditions decision
>              Register a filter filter-name.  A decision about what to do with
>              the mail is taken at phase phase-name when matching conditions.
>              Phases, matching conditions, and decisions are described in MAIL
>              FILTERING, below.
>
> i.e.
>
> filter dtag phase mail-from match rdns regex "\.t-online\.de$" reject "550
> 5.7.1 you don't accept our mail, so we don't accept yours."
> listen on egress filter dtag

Thanks Florian, that clears up a lot for me.  So my reading of the
grammar was right -- the form of reject I was using doesn't accept
a following string.  I got compleetely lost when I tried to parse
the other reject forms in the grammar, and missed the other syntax
you desribed above.

Now that I have that clear, it seems pretty straight forward to
modify the grammar to allow a string in the other reject cases.  I
think I'll give that a go over the weekend.

Thanks for the help!

--lyndon