Thanks to Theo and all the developers for OpenBSD 7.2. I am running
it on a Lenoveo T440 Thinkpad. Here is what works:

*) The F1 through F8 keys work
*) 802.11N Wifi works
*) Suspend and resume by closing the lid works.
*) USB scanning works. I use a Canon LiDe scanner.
*) CUPS Printing works. I use a wireless Xerox 6022 Phaser printer
*) Mounting of EXT2 , MSDOS and FFS external hard drives works.
*) The camera and microphone work. I regularly participate in Jitsi.
*) Sound and video playing works.
*) A wireless usb mouse works.
*) The keyboard illumination works (Fn-> Space bar)
*) The MariaDB works

In gratitude for such a great system I donated $75.00 USD.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan